Education: Ph.D. (Agriculture) Kyushu University
More information: https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Jian_Xu41
Postdoc training. Kyushu University (JSPS fellowship, Japan); University of Florida (US); Shizuoka University (Japan)
MEXT scholarship (Japan, Y2010-2014), JSPS fellowship (Japan, Y2014-2016)
Work in ECNU (List in PubMed)
7. Ebihara T et al. (2021) Active human and murine tumor necrosis factor α cytokines produced from silkworm baculovirus expression system. Insects 12: 517 (Co-corresponding)
6. Nagai R*, Ebihara T* et al. (2021) Production of an active Mus musculus IL-3 using updated silkworm-based baculovirus expression vector system. J Asia-Pac Entomol 24: 10.1016/j.aspen.2021.04.011 (Co-corresponding)
5. Caliari A, Xu J#, Yomo T# (2021) The requirement of cellularity for abiogenesis. Comput Struct Biotechnol J 19: 2202-2212 (Review, #Co-corresponding)
4. Xu B*, Ding J*, Xu J#, Yomo T# (2021) Giant vesicles produced with phosphatidylcholines (PCs) and phosphatidylethanolamines (PEs) by water-in-oil inverted emulsions. Life (Basel) 11: 233 (#Co-corresponding)
3. Minkner R*, Xu J*, Takemura K*, et al. (2020) Ni-modified magnetic nanoparticles for affinity purification of His-tagged proteins from the complex matrix of the silkworm fat body. J Nanobiotechnol 18:159. (*Co-first)
2. Kakino K, et al. (2020) Efficient production of recombinant T7endonuclease I using silkworm-baculovirus expression vector system. J Asia-Pac Entomol 23(3): 694–700. (Co-corresponding)
1. Xu B-Y*, Xu J*, Yomo T (2019) A protocell with fusion and division. Biochem Soc Trans 47(6):1909–1919. (Review, *Co-first)
Work Before ECNU (List in PubMed)
15. Boonyakida J*, Xu J*, et al. (2020) Antigenic properties of VP15 from white spot syndrome virus in kuruma shrimp Marsupenaeus japonicus. Fish Shellfish Immunol 101:152–158. (*Co-first)
14. Suhaimi H*, Xu J*, et al. (2020) Identification of secretion domain of Neospora caninum profilin. Biochem Biophys Res Commun 522(1):8–13. (*Co-first)
13. Xu J, et al. (2019) Neospora caninum antigens displaying virus-like particles as a bivalent vaccine candidate against neosporosis. Vaccine 37(43):6426–6434.
12. Xu J, et al. (2019) Development of SpyTag/SpyCatcher-bacmid expression vector system (SpyBEVS) for protein bioconjugations inside of silkworms. Int J Mol Sci 20(17):4228.
11. Xu J, et al. (2019) Expression and purification of vaccinia virus DNA topoisomerase IB produced in the silkworm-baculovirus expression system. Mol Biotechnol 61(8):622–630.
10. Kinoshita Y, et al. (2019) Expression and purification of biologically active human granulocyte-macrophage colony stimulating factor (hGM-CSF) using silkworm-baculovirus expression vector system. Protein Expr Purif 159:69–74. (Co-corresponding)
9. Morio A, et al. (2019) Expression, purification, and characterization of highly active endo-α-N-acetylgalactosaminidases expressed by silkworm-baculovirus expression system. J Asia-Pac Entomol 22(2):404–408. (Co-corresponding)
8. Morifuji Y, et al. (2018) Expression, purification, and characterization of recombinant human α1-antitrypsin produced using silkworm-baculovirus expression system. Mol Biotechnol 60(12):924–934. (Co-corresponding)
7. Xu J*, Morio A*, et al. (2018) A functional polypeptide N-acetylgalactosaminyltransferase (PGANT) initiates O-glycosylation in cultured silkworm BmN4 cells. Appl Microbiol Biotechnol 102(20):8783–8797. (*Co-first)
6. Yamashita M, et al. (2017) Characterization of recombinant Thermococcus kodakaraensis (KOD) DNA polymerases produced using silkworm-baculovirus expression vector system. Mol Biotechnol 59(6):221–233. (Co-corresponding)
5. Xu J, et al. (2015) Comparative proteomic analysis of hemolymph proteins from Autographa californica multiple nucleopolyhedrovirus (AcMNPV)-sensitive or -resistant silkworm strains during infections. Comp Biochem Physiol Part D Genomics Proteomics 16:36–47.
4. Xu J, et al. (2014) A novel third chromosomal locus controls susceptibility to Autographa californica multiple nucleopolyhedrovirus in the silkworm, Bombyx mori. Appl Microbiol Biotechnol 98(7):3049–3058.
3. Xu J, et al. (2013) Establishment of a soaking RNA interference and Bombyx mori nucleopolyhedrovirus (BmNPV)-hypersensitive cell line using Bme21 cell. Appl Microbiol Biotechnol 97(24):10435–10444.
2. Xu J, et al. (2013) Establishment of Caenorhabditis elegans SID-1-dependent DNA delivery system in cultured silkworm cells. Mol Biotechnol 56(3):193–198.
1. Xu J, et al. (2013) Soaking RNAi-mediated modification of Sf9 cells for baculovirus expression system by ectopic expression of Caenorhabditis elegans SID-1. Appl Microbiol Biotechnol 97(13):5921–5931.